1. Florida Green Homes are some of the safest structures, capable of withstanding winds up to 200 mph.
2. All of them are rated as “Superior Construction” by insurance companies which qualify them for substantially lower insurance premiums.
3. All our homes are independently certified by the Florida Green Building Coalition, Inc., as GREEN HOMES, meeting the highest standards for economical, ecological and environmentally friendly.
4. Our homes do not cost you more than the traditionally constructed. Considering the energy and dollar savings, our standard green structural features, a green home is an effective purchase at a discount price.
5. Up to 70% energy efficient based on R-47 wall insulation value, Icynene roof insulation, solar hot water system, Energy Star®Appliances and fixtures.
6. All our homes are FPL BuildSmart® and Energy Star® certified.
7. Better Indoor Air Quality – virtually allergen and pollutant free. Drastically reduces air infiltration resulting in less dust, pollen and other pollutants coming in from the outside. Insulated concrete Forms (ICF) are hypoallergenic and do not contain CFC’s (chlorofluorocarbons) HCFC’s (hydrochlorofluorocarbons), formaldehyde, asbestos, or fiberglass. Extremely important for people suffering from asthma and allergies.
8. Certified Green Kitchen & Bath Cabinets.
9. Carpet & Rug Institute Certified Green Carpet.
10. LEED Certified Exterior Paint. GREEN GUARD Certified, no VOC interior paint.
11. Sound-suppressing – Dramatically reduce outside noise for your comfort and peace.
12. Our materials are mold, mildew and termite resistant, so you don't have to worry about unwanted guests, no matter how small, or potential health problems commonly associated with mold and mildew.
13. Fire-Resistance – Our construction system provides you a fire-retardant rating of up to four hours.
14. All our homes are environmentally friendly & responsible. An average 2,000sq.ft home built with ICF construction saves up to 47 trees and creates no ozone depletion.
15. Our homes are landscaped using native species of grass and plants, allowing homeowners to save on lawn maintenance & water costs and certified by Florida Yards and Neighborhoods program created by University ofFlorida, Gainesville.
16. It is easier to qualify for a mortgage loan due to the substantial savings in home maintenance. There are special loan programs available to homeowners building or purchasing a Green Home.
17. Green homes hold their value better, rent easier and resell for more money than conventional homes.
18. At Florida Green Homes we believe you shouldn't have to sacrifice your savings, comfort and peace of mind.
19. You can customize any of our floor plans or we will gladly custom build from your plans.